Friday, February 27, 2009

Sorry for the delay!

I'm sorry I've kept you guys on the back burner for a bit, but I've been super busy and tired. N0t what you think, unfortunately! :) I had contractions all Wednesday night and Thursday, but they've died down today. So, in an effort to throw myself into active labor I had been running around like a crazed june bug running errands, CLEANING, and having Elijah time.

My doc is going out of town today for a Father-Daughter weekend at his daughter's college, so I'm 'laskin', as my nephew used to say for relaxing, for the weekend so he can come back and deliver H. So get this, my very very good friend almost like a mom to me, Penny, is an L&D nurse at the hospital where I'll deliver and is actually the one who recommended my perfect-fit OB/GYN (I know, probably not the best choice of words...) for me was working the night shift with my doc last night. Penny said he leaned over and said his daughter was only a little more more important (pinching his fingers together with only a smidgen of air between them) otherwise he would stay in town. Then later on that night, I guess when he was leaving so that would be this morning, he screams...yes SCREAMS down the hall to Penny, "Tell Meesh to keep her legs crossed and to keep Ryan out of there until I get back!". Oy vei. LOL. Let me say it again, I love my doc!!!!

So, I've made plans (major jinx, I'm aware) this weekend and I'm keeping my legs crossed and Ryan out! My birthday is Sunday, March 1st. Our plans are dinner at Korea House and cake at my house. I prefaced the invite with, "Of course, I'll probably have to cancel...", so maybe that will undo the jinx.

I'm shooting for the 3rd. Let me tell you why. My birthday is March 1. Elijah's is May 1. Ryan's is June 3rd. So I think it would be great if Hendrix's was March 3rd. :) Anyone else agree??

Ok, time to go feed the bun in my oven. Fish Tacos at Berryhill are $1.99 on Fridays during Lent. Mmmmm. Soooo good. I'm not going to proof read, so sorry if it's incoherant or if things are misspelled. (mwah!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

LOL That's hilarious. Poor Ryan, you can tell him he's on double duty come Monday ;) I vote for the 3rd as well.

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope that you are having the most amazing and blessed day!
And send us a baby update! I keep checking back all the time!